One of Ireland’s largest Personal Insolvency Practitioners
What is personal insolvency?
Living in debt can put a real strain on daily life and at times it can be hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. You are certainly not alone and as a result, in 2012 the Government introduced personal insolvency solutions through new legislation to help mortgage holders and people with unsustainable debt to reach agreements with their creditors.
How can a personal insolvency solution help you?
- A Personal Insolvency Practitioner (PIP) will work with you and engage with your creditors for you. Over 6,000 solutions have been put in place by PIPs nationwide.
- You get protection from your creditors: a protective certificate is issued giving you legal protection from your creditors while we negotiate a potential arrangement.
- The spirit of the legislation is to keep people in their family homes.
• You are allowed a reasonable standard of living when you are in an arrangement.
- Not all of your creditors need to agree to your arrangement.
- Debt is legally written off once your arrangement finishes.
- Appeal: if your creditors do not agree with your arrangement, you can potentially appeal their decision before a personal insolvency judge for which the government pays your fees.
Our Personal Insolvency Practitioners (PIPs)
Grant Thornton Debt Solutions has the highest number of PIPs in one firm, making us the largest personal insolvency practitioner in the state. Our PIPs and Advice Managers are a network of highly qualified professionals and have vast experience in personal insolvency and debt advice.
We are located nationwide and can meet you at a location and time that suits you. We know that personal insolvency can be intimidating but understanding all of the solutions available to you is extremely important and this is what we can help you with. We will work out a long term solution for you and your initial appointment will also be free of charge. At Grant Thornton Debt Solutions, we work on a no win no fee basis because we know being in debt can be stressful.
Our team is here to support you every step of the way and will guide you through your personal insolvency journey. We will engage with all of your creditors at the same time and help to get you back on track financially.